Bed Bug Treatment
Ultra Safe Pest has been specializing in bed bug treatment for almost twenty years! Our bed bug treatments take a comprehensive approach that will incorporate advanced methods, equipment and materials in order to achive the best results.
We have a treatment solution for any type of bed bug activity. It is our finding the the best type of bed bug treatment is one that utilizes both heat and conventional treatment methods because it utilizes the advantages and offsets the disadvantages of each treatment method. Our Bed Bug Treatment Methods are based on Best Management Practices implimented by the National Pest Management Association.
Bed Bug Treatment Overview
- Detailed inspection of all areas so that any existing activity can be detected
- Develop a site-specific plan of action (IPM plan) because every bed bug situation is different in many ways.
- Provide detailed bed bug preparation instructions
- Offer preparation services where needed
- Free Service Warranty on all bed bug treatments
Bed Bug Treatment Tips
- When it comes to bed bug treatments, a thorough treatment from an experienced, bed bug professional will achieve the best results.
- Avoid “DIY” bed bug exterminations, “Splash and Dash” applications and inexperienced applicators. They are recipes for disaster.
- Do your homework and get the right professional for the job. Don’t focus on the lowest bid. Focus on qualifications and track record of success
- Cutting corners upfront can end up costing ten-fold in the long run due to the risk of spreading bed bugs to nearby areas.
Bed Bug Thermal Heat Treatment
Ultra Safe offers bed bug heat treatment solutions. While heat is a great tool to have, it is by no means a “silver bullet.” An experienced bed bug specialist will know where and when to utilize or incorporate heat for best results.
Let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of, Conventional Heat Treatments vs. Chemical Treatments for bed bug extermination.
Bed Bug Heat Treatment Advantages
- Reduce or eliminate the use and associated risk of pesticides
- Excellent at treating interior belongings and furnishings because the heat penetrates better than conventional materials
- Lower degree of difficulty compared to conventional treatment due to its ability to treat an entire area at once
- Reduces preparation efforts and can eliminate laundry duty because the heat can treat items that conventional methods cant.
- Provides instant kill, proven effective on bed bugs in all areas reaching the minimum target temperature of 126 degrees or higher
Bed Bug Heat Treatment Disadvantages
- No residual or lasting effect. Once the heat is gone there is no bed bug protection in place.
- Heat may not be very effective at penetrating wall voids and deep crevices because insulation and other building materials may prevent the heat from transfering into wall voids.
- Conventional Heat Equipment is very labor intensive and can be expensive due to the amount of heat and power needed tp perform successful heat treatments.
Conventional Bed Bug Treatment Advantages
- More affordable than heat because less treatment time and equipment is involved
- Provides residual protection against bed bugs some materials can last a year or more in wall voids and crevices
- Penetrates into wall voids and deeper into cracks/crevices where bugs may be hiding
- Can be done inconspicuously, therefore avoiding unwanted attention
- Has a full warranty
Conventional Bed Bug Treatment Disadvantages
- Increased use of pesticides
- Detailed preparation required because the technician will need to have access to all potentially active areas
- Requires a very skilled applicator
- Some personal items can be difficult to treat because they may be sensitive to liquids or sprays
HEPA Vacuuming For Bed Bug Treatment
Our Staff Entomologists have proven that high-powered hepa vacuums can be a very effective tool for removing bed bugs, skin casts and eggs from crevices and hard to reach areas as well as general surfaces in treatment areas. Ultra Safe Pest uses specialized Pest Control vacuums with custom attachments because it can help remove bed bugs from cracks, crevices and other hard to reach hiding spots. Vacuuming is great for removing dead bed bugs after treatment because it can help confirm new activity going forward.
Does Freezing Bed Bugs With Cryonite Treatment Work?
Research shows that cryonite freezing is NOT as effective as thermal treatments because freezing only works on the bed bugs that are hit directly with the cryonite gas. Bed bugs hide deep in cracks, crevices and furniture, therefore, the frozen gas may be of little use. Some big box companies still promote the use of the freezing method. Most experts agree that there are more effective control method for bed bugs than freezing.
Ultra Safe Pest Offers A Complete Bed Bug Solution
Ultra Safe is working with advanced bed bug treatment protocol that utilizes the advantages of both heat and conventional bed bug treatment methods because this type of aggressive approach is proven to achieve maximum results at a more affordable rate.
Preventative Bed Bug Treatments
Bed bug activity has been increasing annually since 2001. Having a preventative bed bug program in place is the key to long-term success because bed bug infestations are much easier to treat when detected early. Being proactive shows your guests or residents that you care. It can also greatly reduce treatment cost and liability in the future because it greatly reduces the risk of a heavy bed bug infestation.
Our UltraGuard Bed Bug Program is your affordable, all-inclusive solution!
Bed Bug Program Features
- Regular inspections performed by a certified bed bug specialist
- Custom site-specific plan of action designed by our staff entomologists
- Education and training for the entire staff because communication is key when treating bed bugs.
- If bed bug activity is identified during inspections, treatment is performed at no additional charge.
- Full Service Warranty with 24hr Emergency Service
- FREE BED BUG TREATMENTS are included with our UltraGuard Protection Plus Plan!
Proactive solutions for any type of property!
- Residential Homes
- Hotel and Lodging
- Apartment Buildings
- Multi-Unit Housing
- Nursing Homes
- Health-Care Facilities
- Schools and Universities
Bed Bug Training & Consulting
Training and Knowledge are the most important elements to successful Bed Bug Extermination & Prevention due to the very resiliant nature of bed bugs. Our bed bug experts are here to help. In addition to our in-house bed bug training workshops and awareness events, we are available for on-location bed bug training and demonstrations. We can design a custom bed bug training program for any type of commercial, retail, municipal or residential property.
- Inspection & Identification
- Bed Bug History
- Field Study Results
- Bed Bug Treatment Methods
- IPM Programs
- Laws and Regulation
- Liability Risk Reduction
Some of our past Bed Bug Presentations
- Allston/Brighton CDC’s Greater Boston Bed Bug Conference 2006 & 2007
- Landlord Associations (Lowell, Lawrence, Salem, Attleboro, Taunton)
- Nursing Homes
- Bed & Breakfast Associations
- Housing Authorities
- Expert Witness Experience
Let Boston’s Original Bedbug Specialists design and manage your bed bug program!
Call us today for a consultation